PMI PMP® Preparation Workshop
|About this course:|
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to prepare to undertake the PMP® examination provided by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). The course is sometimes referred to as a Boot Camp and is designed to provide you with intensive preparation for the exam. PCMi Limited is a Global Registered Education Provider with PMI.
This course is updated to align to the new v5 of the PMBOK®
Duration: 4 days
- To provide a broad base of information, aligned to the PMBOK® Guide to enable participants to be prepare to take the PMP® examination
- To develop an understanding of when and how to use recognized tools and techniques on projects
- To develop understanding of specific PMI® definitions and terminology
- To gain an understanding of the PMP® examination format and typical question styles
- To develop a study plan for passing the PMP® examination
- To satisfy the 35 hour formal project management training requirement for future professional certification with PMI®
On this course you will discover how to gain exposure and awareness of the broad range of project management terms used within the workplace and the PMP® exam, understand existing project management knowledge and where further study is required prior to undertaking the PMP® exam and know the effort required in order to pass the PMP® exam.
The course considers all of the project management knowledge areas contained within the PMBOK® Guide and includes the following topics:
Introduction to the PMP® exam
Review of the certification process
Understanding eligibility requirements
Understanding the PMI® Code of Professional Conduct
Project Management Framework
Project phases and lifecycles
Executing Process Group
Direct and manage project work
Perform quality assurance
Project team acquisition, development and management
Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
Monitor and control project work
Perform integrated change control
Validate and control scope
Control schedule, costs and quality
Closing Process Group
Close project or phase
Exam Preparation and Final Review
|Course accreditation and prerequisites|
PCMi Limited is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute. Our course will provide you with the required 35 hours project management training necessary before attempting the PMP examination and is recognised by PMI.
Our course will help prepare you for the PMP examination which PMI requires you then book at a test centre closest to you.
There are specific prerequisites for the PMP examination, as stipulated by PMI, they can be viewed here.
|Recommended further reading|